Friday, January 8, 2010

January tasks


Two days before going back to work. Things must be done. I think it's a hangover from my days back at school when the ritual before starting a new year was to buy new books, clean out the school bag, let down the hem of the school uniform and sharpen the pencils.

After much deliberation I bought my diary for 2010.

Did I fully utilise the lovely Moleskine one I bought for 2009? No, I probably wrote a grand total of 10 pages...

What about the traditional black Kikki K of 2008 and 2007? Nup, not much better...

But still I can't start the year without handing over the 20-30 bucks for a lovely leather bound journal to stash in my bag for the duration of the year. With each new diary comes new dreams to be organised. To be creative. To be that girl who pulls out her diary at the cafe while waiting for a friend and composes a poem, or sketches a picture or plans the day when she will rule the world.

One can only try. This year I went back to the Kikki K, I was lured by the lovely shade of apple green. What do you think?
Photo courtesy of Kikki K.

No comments:

Post a Comment